Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Someday...

The Dancing Writer is a good friend of mine, and I found it extremely coincidental that at the very moment I needed it most, she made a wonderful post on The Madness of Writerly Insecurities. She isn't afraid to bare her soul and show everyone what she's afraid of.

All writers have insecurities, I am no exception. Right now I feel like one gigantic insecurity. I'm afraid of everything. I'm afraid that all my ideas are garbage, I'm afraid that my writing crappy and unreadable, I'm afraid that my characters are all two dimensional chunks of cardboard that won't appeal to anybody. I'm afraid of failing. I'm afraid that I'll NEVER finish Unbroken and get the story the way I want it to be.

I'm afraid of everything. I'm mostly afraid that I'll never achieve my dream.


I really should put that on my wall, on my computer monitor, on the front of every notebook I own. I should put it next to my bed and even tattoo it on my skin so I don't forget. My dream will still be waiting for me when I get there. The one thing I'm not afraid of is hard work. I can do the work, I will do the work and one day, I'll wake up and realize that I need a new dream, for I have achieved the old one, finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment