Saturday, 4 May 2013

Recess!

Sometimes, when I'm trying to do everything, be a wife and mother, a writer, a daughter, a friend, a cook, a maid, a chauffeur, I lose myself in the process of trying to keep all these balls in the air. I get so concerned with trying to do everything, trying to be everything, trying to make sure that everyone else is happy, that sometimes, I drop some balls.



Life is like a dance, and right now I feel like I'm doing cha-cha while everyone else is doing a waltz. I feel out of step with everything, even myself. So I've taken a few days off, and I think I may take a few more. I need to step back, set some of these balls down and just be still for a while. I need to drink in some life, for I feel like it's leaving me behind.

But I'll be back soon...It's not a lunch break, just recess.

No worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment