Wednesday, 10 July 2013

What's Next?

You may have read my post detailing why I'm not writing in the YA genre anymore. If you haven't, you can find it here. So you may be wondering what I'm going to be writing now. Well, I have a fantastic idea that I'm working on and I hope to have a short synopsis for you to sink your teeth into soon.

I'm really excited about this new project. For the first time I feel like I really, truly, understand my characters and their motivations. I feel like this is the first story I've ever planned to write that has substance. My other ideas are great, sure, but I always feel that they are lacking depth. I'm a pretty insecure writer and I tend to only discuss my ideas with certain people. So, for me to broadcast this through the internet, it's pretty huge for me.

I can't wait to show all of you what's cooking in this old head of mine. All I will give you for now is the working title.

The Breeders

(no, it's not erotica LOL)

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the muse is working her thing for you. Glad to hear it. It's very exciting when we get new ideas. I just want to shout it from the rooftop when I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my muse has fulfilled her end of the bargain, and now I must live up to mine and write the book. That's how it works. She gives me great ideas and it's up to me to write them.

    ReplyDelete