Saturday, 28 December 2013

2014 Is Just Around The Corner

I've spent the past few days reflecting on 2013  and I've come to the conclusion that it was a good year. I wrote a novel, I wrote a few short stories and I had several poems picked up for publication. I landed a position working on a literary magazine, started a blog and an author page on facebook. I've been trying to think of ways that I can make 2014 even better and more productive and here's what I want for myself in the new year. 

I want to be published more. I want more poetry published, I want more flash fiction and short stories published. I want to rewrite Unbroken. I want to help make The Corner Club Press even more successful. What I want most is to put together a poetry book and have it published. In January a small writers group I run is going to do a Jan-O-WriMo event and I intend to write a ton of poetry so I can put together a manuscript. I have a few presses in mind to submit it to already. My goal is to have the manuscript completed by February 9th (my 31st birthday) If I hit a stroke of luck, hopefully it will get picked up this year. 

I also want to blog more. I know, I've sorely neglected this place for the past month and I'll be shocked if anyone even reads this. I'll be delighted, but shocked nonetheless. I hadn't given up on it, just life has a funny way of stealing time away from you. I also intend to be a little more organized this year. I'll kind of have to be. I have one kid in school and his younger siblings (The Twins) will be following in the fall. I'm already finding myself busy with school activities and this will only increase in the fall, but...on the other side of that coin, it also means more writing time come September. I'm thrilled both for my children and for myself. 

So those are my goals and I think they are good ones. I have more goals for 2014 then I think I've ever made in any other year. What goals do you have for next year? 

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you...starting my goals as well. I love that you are ready and it is inspiring me to jot down my own goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you jot them down, give me the link, I'd love to read what you have planned for yourself.

      Delete
  2. You've been a real inspiration to me this year, Mariah. You've achieved so much! I have no doubt you will get that manuscript together and out there.

    Is your published poetry up for reading yet? if so I'd love the link :)

    I'm gonna put together a post of my new years resolutions soon. At the rate I write it'll be ready in July lol!

    Nice to see you back on the blogging circuit, we'll talk soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my poetry links can be found on my About Me page. :)

      Delete
    2. No, I lied. All my poetry link can be found on my My Work page. Here: http://mariahewilson.blogspot.ca/p/i-have-few-poems-published-online-is.html

      Delete