Monday, 30 December 2013

The Winds of Change

As some of you may remember, awhile ago I was given the position of Executive Editor over at The Corner Club Press. I assisted the founder, Amber Forbes in putting out a few pretty fantastic issues. We then expanded the team and created a pretty awesome paranormal issue. Now the team has grown again and things have changed a bit.

 I gave up my position as Executive Editor. I still work with the magazine, just in a role that I feel I'm better suited for. I took up the position of Poetry Editor and I really couldn't be happier. I'll step back into the executive editor role in a minute if I'm needed, but I feel that the new editor will do a great job, I don't think there will be any problems. I'll still be handing the social media end of things, and doing some website updating and of course, handling the poetry.

I made this change for many reasons, one of which was I felt that Kristina deserved the job more than I did, and I was never really comfortable in it anyway. The other reason is that I have three kids and a life at home to consider. I also have some writing projects I'm working on and I help my author friend Amber Forbes with a lot of her book promotion (and the odd beta read now and then) and I just don't want to keep my plate too full all the time. If there is anything I don't like, it's over committing and then dropping the ball. The new team is going to be a good one because we play off our strengths, and mine is poetry. It just made sense to me to make this change.

So if you're a writer, or a reader, you should go take a look at The Corner Club Press. There's lots of great stories and poetry in there (and it's free)

1 comment:

  1. It's so exciting to see how the magazine is growing, as well as the success of its staff as individual writers. The sky's the limit! :)

    ReplyDelete