Wednesday, 19 February 2014

10 Minute Poems

I call them 10 minute poems. I've been having fun with them lately.

What are they?

Well, they are poems I write in roughly ten minutes, but there's a catch.

I solicit ideas from friends and strangers. These ideas come in the form of a single word or phrase that people give me. It can be an animal, an object, a thought, a feeling, anything. Their own imagination is the limit. Yesterday on my Facebook page, I asked for someone to give me a word and I'd write them a poem. I was given the word Xbox. This poem took roughly 15 minutes to write. I'm totally guessing on that. It was first thing this morning when I wrote this, and to be honest, I wasn't keeping close track of the clock, but I promise it didn't take long.

His Affair

You should be here
pressing my buttons
blazing trails of happiness
down my back
with sweet kisses.
Bliss could be ours,
we could fall
into each other
never recover.
I've waited for you
forever
and the only thing
between us now
the only thing hindering us
from falling into each other
is your unshakable addiction
to Assassins Creed.
I think you love that Xbox
more than you love me.

I plan to write more of these in the future. So, if you want to be the inspiration behind a 10 minute poem, leave your word or phrase in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. 10 minute suggestion:

    Did you think I wouldn't notice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the inspiration! The poem has been written. Total time 7.5 minutes. :)

      Delete